About NYX Professional Makeup Highlight & Contour Pro Face Palette
Define your features like a pro with our refillable highlight and contour palette! Each set includes eight customizable highlighting and contouring shades perfect for emphasizing your favorite features.
NYX Professional Makeup Highlight & Contour Pro Face Palette Set Detail
- Ice Queen: This is an icy shimmery highlighter.it can be used on the nose and cheek bones to impart a glow to your face. I use this as a brow bone highlighter too. This shade looks subtle on the first application and can be layered to get a beaming glow for parties or a night out. They do not look patchy on layering. However, this does not look good on textured skin and as I have quite a bit of texture, I don’t prefer using this on my cheeks. The shimmer is finely milled and looks beautiful on fair to medium skin tones.
- Soft Light: It is a peachy highlighter shade which is meant for fair to medium skin tones. Due to its peachy undertone it brightens up the under-eye area and brightens it up.it is too fair for my medium skin and makes the dark circles grey. I do not see myself using this shade a lot unless it is to top a concealer to achieve a bright look for parties.
- Cream: This is a banana powder which can be used to highlight medium to dark yellowish skin tones. I use this as an everyday highlighter for under eyes and forehead.it looks subtle and is perfect for a day time look.it makes me under eyes look flawless and airbrushed while brightening up.
- Nectar: It is a peachy shade with warm undertones.it is translucent and imparts a subtle glow from within.it is not shimmery like ice queen but has a soft sheen to it.
- Tan: This is a warm brown shade with reddish undertones. I use this as a bronzer as it warms up my face and gives me a sun kissed look. This can work as a bronzer for fair to medium skin tones and can work as a contour powder too for warm toned skin.
- Toffee: it is a neutral to warm brown shade which can be used for medium skin tones. I like this shade a lot and use it as a bronzer when I want to warm my face up quite a bit and also as a contour by mixing it with sculpt.
- Sculpt: it is cool toned brown which looks extremely ashy on me when used alone.it is perfect for cool toned skin and warm toned skin tones can mix it with one of the warmer shades for a perfect contour shade. I mix toffee and sculpt to get my contour shade. This shade is perfect for fair skin tones with cool undertones.
- Hollow: it is a deep brown shade with reddish undertones and is perfect for dark skinned beauties. Fairer skin tones can use this as an eyeshadow or even eyebrow powder.it is the darkest shade in this palette and can be mixed with any of the other shades to use for medium to tan skin tones for a deep contour.
How to use NYX Professional Makeup Highlight & Contour Pro Face Palette
After putting on foundation, apply the deeper, contouring powders from the NYX Professional Makeup Highlight & Contour Pro Palette to any areas you would like to shade and define. Next, apply one of the lighter highlighting colors to any areas you would like to emphasize. Use a fan brush for a soft highlight and a small stippling brush for an effortless contour!
Pro Tip: Compliment this palette with different sized brushes depending on what area of the face you’re applying to.